Thursday, February 17, 2005

Mellman's Take on Election 2004

In a series of columns since the election, pollster Mark Mellman has been offering some insights into what happened in November. I don't agree with every word, but I highly recommend them, particularly the November 17, December 8, February 9 and February 16 columns.

Mellman has been the target of great deal of criticism, especially in Noam Scheiber's piece following the 2002 midterm elections. Most of those who want to blame the consultants for recent Democratic losses assume consultants have far more influence over the outcome of elections than they actually do. (I'll have more to say on this topic - one which is very close to my academic heart - soon.)

Anyway, Mellman is a very bright guy and I think his general approach to campaign strategy is sound. Take a look at what he has to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home