Thursday, June 02, 2005

Political Attitudes and Genetics

I just received the latest issue of the American Political Science Review and I think there's an article in it that might garner some attention. John Alford (Rice), Carolyn Funk (Virginia Commonwealth) and John Hibbing (Nebraska) have a piece entitled, "Are Political Orientations Genetically Transmitted?"

The authors looked at the political attitudes and behaviors of monozygotic ("identical") and dizygotic (fraternal) twins and found that "genetics plays an important role in shaping political attitudes and ideologies but a more modest role in forming party identification."

I haven't finished the article so I can't say much about the study itself, but I'd be surprised if this didn't show up in various national media outlets.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had huge problems with this article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home